Content is king right now. While there is still something to be said for link building (only the strong survive), expanding the content to your website, and making sure that content is worthwhile, is the way to go. In truth, your SEO efforts should have a blend of various strategies. Everything in moderation. But no doubt that adding great content that your users will care about on regular basis will only benefit your website’s value.
The DO’s in creating excellent content
Start building up your website –
- Go through all of the content on your website and make sure that it lines up with the goals and purpose of why you created your website
- Create a blog! This is very important in order to receive more backlinks, more indexed pages and in the end more traffic. Make sure to update your blog frequently.
- Create a team or assign someone to keep the blog up-to-date. Have this team look over not only your blog but all of the content on your website
- Use different content models such as comics, newsletters, infographics, webinar, open discussions, podcasts throughout your website
- Include social media buttons at the end of your articles to make it easier for your readers to repost your content. Use only your 3 main social media platforms as buttons; having any more can be overwhelming to the reader.
- Check your meta description tags and make sure they are compelling for people that are clicking through the SERPs
The DONT’s in creating content
- Do not post repeated, meaningless, duplicate and boring content. Readers will not be interested and your articles will not be shared.
- Make sure that your content relates to the overall purpose of your website
Create content that stands out
- Have a clear purpose in mind when writing content – Ask yourself: who is your audience, what are they looking for by reading your content, how can you assist your audience, and what your business is looking to get out of the content that you are writing
- Create a strategy for the content that you display. Define the general theme or direction that you want your content to go in.
- Decide how you wish to create, distribute, and maintain your content over time.
- Create a performance metric to measure the success of your content marketing
Main nuggets of wisdom –
- The main goals in content marketing is to build trust with your audience and create a lasting following with them
- Think of your audience
- Educate and help your readers with your content